Re: RARA-AVIS: Kakonis Pseudonym

From: pabergin ( pabergin@gte.net)
Date: 22 Jun 2000

>Paul, you've got to tell us what the other one was. It's a point of honor

Mario, the other one was a dreadful political potboiler called VAPORS by Wes DeMott. Unlike the Barrow book, which arrived in an unprovoked mailing from the publisher, I was assigned to review VAPORS, so I had to read the whole damned thing. I reviewed it, too, though my editor deemed the result too cruel (I admit I sort of drifted into Rex Reed territory in that one) and declined to run it, a decision with which I concurred. PB