RARA-AVIS: Books and babies

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 17 Jun 2000

Congrats on the new baby, Paul. I will definitely look for your books when I get back to Europe later this month. NOIR FICTION: DARK HIGHWAYS sounds especially interesting to me as you included one of my all-time favs, Gerald Kersh. Collecting Kersh is a challenge for an American as so much only appeared in the UK and so many short stories are uncollected. He is worth the effort. Another writer you mentioned, John Franklin Bardin, I remembered being wowed by years ago. Novels that drift into the surreal and explore insanity have a special fascination for me. (Yes, I know this will prompt knowing smiles and nods from friends sitting in the peanut gallery)