Re: RARA-AVIS: Quick Question about JD Macdonald book

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 15 Jun 2000

Doug B (I forget what number Doug he is) wrote:

"Earlier today I stopped at my local used paperback place and found a copy of John D's AREA OF SUSPICION. Up top there's a brief blurb --
"Specially revised by the author". Does anyone know anything about this revision? Why it was revised? What the old one was like? (According to the copyright page I have the 1961 edition, but there's also an earlier 1954 copyright date? Was that the copyright of the earlier edition?)"

I was also wondering about this and how usual it is for Gold Medals. I ran into this same phenomenon on the cover of a Richard Prather book
(not the one I bought, so I don't remember which one) and on Dan Marlowe's The Name of the Game Is Death. I'm assuming the latter was to retrofit it to become a series.

Mark