RARA-AVIS: Jason Starr's NOTHING PERSONAL

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 31 May 2000

Michael Chong and I think some others have mentioned Jason Starr, and I'd like to second their recommendations. I just finished NOTHING PERSONAL, which No Exit did and Four Walls Eight Windows has just put out in the States. It's some cold stuff, a really well done modern noir story that starts out hilarious and ends up very, very grim. It's a fast read--hard to put down--and the light-heartedness of the beginning stuck with me and made the end surprise me with how dark it was, although it's pretty much descent into hell for everyone concerned.

He has a web site at

        http://hometown.aol.com/Jasonstarr/

which mentions some movie stuff and that his third book, FAKE I.D., will be coming out from No Exit later this year. His first, COLD CALLER, is out in England and North America. Can anyone tell me how it is? I'm going to looking for it.

Bill