Re: RARA-AVIS: robert crais

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 30 May 2000

If you like Monkey's Raincoat, odds are you will like all of the Cole/Pike books. I'm among those who actually thinks they get better as the series progresses, slowly shedding some of the Parker influence. I know I commented on LA Requiem. I think some of my comments may have even come off as negative to someone who hadn't read the series. However, LA Requiem is a very good book, that heralds some changes in the series (more development of Pike's character, for instance). Just because I had hoped Crais might have gone a bit farther with one or two of his changes should not be taken as a non-endorsement. It was only because I really like the series that I cared enough to read that far and think so much about the ramifications of the shift.

Mark