Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Women Rewriting

From: James Gormley ( jgormley@stny.rr.com)
Date: 29 May 2000

I believe the cinema noir folks were heavily influenced by the existentialists like Camus and it seems that I read somewhere that one of the reasons the French were (are?) so infatuated with hardboiled fiction is because of its debt to the French existentialists. Am I off track here? Jim
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mario Taboada" < matrxtech@yahoo.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 8:19 AM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Women Rewriting