Re: RARA-AVIS: What is this REALLY about?

From: Z0MB0Y@aol.com
Date: 28 May 2000

In a message dated 5/27/00 8:21:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, marianne.macdonald@lineone.net writes:

<< Junkies aren't hard boiled (except maybe in fiction) but,
 like all the whores I've ever known, deeply damaged. But this isn't
 crime fiction; these are victims, not avengers. ( I'm talking real life.) >>

    Their whole lifestyle is against the law, how can a story about a junkie or a prostitute not be crime fiction? You could argue that they're more noir than hardboiled, but I don't think you can say they're not hardboiled. They're just not private detectives.