Re: RARA-AVIS: Early/Scoppettone (was Women rewriting)

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 27 May 2000

I read both Creative Kind of Killer and Razzmatazz before I found out Jack Early was a pseudonym. The PI in the first struck me as a sensitive male, but I didn't doubt his maleness.

Razzmatazz has an endagered female as a central character. I didn't really think about the gender of the writer. I did, however, applaud the fact that the woman saves herself at the end, finishes doing so just before the males intent on saving her arrive. It's not that I applauded its "feminism" or its "woman taking care of herself," I was just happy to have someone messing with the cliche.

Mark