Re: RARA-AVIS: Robert Dietrich / John Baxter?

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 22 May 2000

Anders Engwall wrote:

> I recently finished ANGEL EYES by Robert Dietrich,
> and enjoyed a lot. Now, Dietrich was a pen name
> for E. Howard Hunt, but the Swedish edition I
> read was credited to John Baxter. What gives?

The same goes for the Finnish editions. Dietrich published couple of books (if not only one) under the name John Baxter and somehow all the Swedish and Finnish books got that name. The reason? Haven't the faintest idea. Maybe it was a plot to get rid of paying for copyrights. By the way, Anders, did you read your Dietrich in the Manhattan series? The same series was published here in Finland also, but not any more. Is it still in print in Sweden?

Juri jurnum@utu.fi