RARA-AVIS: Fred Willard

From: Nathalie M觥 ( nmege@club-internet.fr)
Date: 21 May 2000

Mark wrote:

> Finally, I was turned on to the works of two listmembers, one
> continuing, one former -- Terrill Lankford and Fred Willard. Which
> reminds me, when's Fred new book due?

It's called "Princess Naughty and the Voodoo Cadillac" and as far as i know, it's going to come out almost simultaneously in the US
(Longstreet) and the UK (No Exit) very soon. (September if i remember well.)

It's a hilarious hardboiled farce set in the US and Costa Rica, and one of the protagonists is one Ray Justus, Charley's ex cell mate in Down on Ponce. Being Fred's translator into French for DOP, I had the privilege to read the ms and if you liked DOP, you should be delighted by Princess Naughty (the character and the book).

NM