RARA-AVIS: Pronzini & pianists

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 20 May 2000

Thanks to everyone helping on the question about "Shoot (or Don't Shoot) the Piano Player (or Pianist). Looks like I am right and Elton John perhaps led the others astray. To Rikke and Hanne Kesten, my Belgium friend is fluent in French but is Flemish, which if you know Belgium is a major distinction.

As for Bill Pronzini, it is hard for me to imagine anyone better qualified to offer an opinion on hard boiled fiction. And if anyone is judging his qualifications on his "Nameless" series, I would say that while I have enjoyed many of them, I do not consider them hardboiled. My memory seems to recall Bill speaking to this at some point and saying he does not consider them HB either. He has written in the HB vein but not that series.

Richard Moore