RARA-AVIS: 'Requiem pour un muckracker'

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 10 May 2000

It was great to hear about the Marvin H. Albert tribute book. I may have told this story before, but it relates to my "Albert stash." Several years ago, a French movie company wanted to film one of Albert's books. He didn't have a copy of it, so he called Fawcett. No one there had a copy, either.
 (Can you believe they don't have file copies of all those great Gold Medals?)
 One guy he talked to happened to know that I was a collector, so Albert wrote and asked if I'd give him a copy. I couldn't part with the book, but I photocopied it for him. In return he sent me signed copies of a couple of books that he did have copies of, and we corresponded for a while.
 A great guy.

Bill Crider