Re: RARA-AVIS: Long Shadow of the Falcon

From: Bob Toomey ( btoomey@javanet.com)
Date: 08 May 2000

billha@ionet.net wrote:
> Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I always thought that someone better than Mary
> Astor could've played the role. It's not just that dated look either.

You're not alone. Astor seems to me one of the worst choices in a movie where the rest of the cast was perfect. But who would be better? My top pick would be Myrna Loy. Thinking back on her days as an Oriental seductress and villain (Fu Famchu's daughter -- deliciously wicked), along with her sly intelligence, Loy would be hard to beat.

BobT