RARA-AVIS: "Noir More Weirdness!"

From: John & Carrie ( johncarrie@sprynet.com)
Date: 07 May 2000

On sensory overload this morning after staying up watching the weirdest trio of movies in a row....Goddard's Alphaville, Suzuki's Branded to Kill and Fuller's The Naked Kiss. I found Alphaville way too pretentious, although PI Lemmy Caution drives a great looking early model Mustang. Branded to Kill I have no idea what the hell that thing is about, visually it's very cool and it's hilarious. Actually, of the three I found it the least pretentious. Fuller's The Naked Kiss has to be one of the weirdest damn movies I've ever seen! Did Fuller intentionally make it high camp? The best of all three and very intense, not to mention the most faithful to the noir trad.

Jeez, I had nightmares about that goofy kid yelling "I have legs, I have legs, I have legs!"

Tribe