RE: RARA-AVIS: Then Long Shadow of the Falcon

From: billha@ionet.net
Date: 06 May 2000

Thanks to ED for notice of the Paretsky article on The Maltese Falcon. It's quite good, actually, especially in focusing on the sexual themes in the novel. Sensible.

[I'll bet somewhere, on some printed page, there is an nonsensible article that analyzes the meaning of the black bird and those who yearn for it, from a psychoanalytic perspective...]

Bill Hagen

  http://www.guardianunlimited.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4015157,00.html