Re: RARA-AVIS: Eddie Bunker/My Name is Archer/Bruno Fischer/Frisco Blues

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 05 May 2000

On 5 May 2000, Keith Alan Deutsch wrote:

: Bruno Fischer was a regular contributor to the Popular Publications
: group of detective mags in the late 1940's to early 1950's when the
: pulp market slipped in favor of paperback books.

I picked up THE LADY KILLS (Gold Medal) by Fischer last weekend. The blurbs on the back are hilarious:

"A good bet for readers who like plenty of gore in their detective fiction." --Morning Telegraph

"... skilled craftsmanship ..." --New York Times

That's some high praise there.

Bill
-- William Denton : Toronto, Canada : http://www.miskatonic.org/ : Caveat lector.