Re: RARA-AVIS: Ross Thomas & Leonard

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 May 2000

For the record, I did not mean to say that Leonard is overappreciated but that Thomas is vastly underappreciated. I love Leonard's nonchalance and his ability to write good dialogue. Thomas has an added attraction: very strong plots. Also, Thomas's shady protagonists are smart, whereas Leonard has milked the stupidity (or, to be kind, the limitations) of many of his.

Classic works like _The Moonshine War_, _Swag_ and _Freaky Deaky_ show Leonard at his best, and no-one can say he didn't have his thing together in *those* novels.

Regards,

Mario