Re: RARA-AVIS: Ross Thomas

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 04 May 2000

On 4 May 2000, Bob Toomey wrote:

: Better, actually. And I agree CHINAMAN'S CHANCE is his best book,
: with one of the truly great opening lines, right up there with the
: first paragraph of Chandler's "Red Wind."

What do people make of THE FOURTH DURANGO? I picked it up after seeing people recommend Thomas on the list, but it didn't grab me and I didn't finish it. Then again, I was down with a cold at the time. I've since picked up THE COLD WAR SWAP, but haven't read it yet.

Bill