Re: RARA-AVIS: Ross Thomas, again

From: pabergin ( pabergin@gte.net)
Date: 04 May 2000

It is always nice to get some validation from a credentialed expert. Bill Crider writes: I love THE EIGHTH
>DWARF.
Jaysus, Bill! I thought I was the only one.

A few years back, when I was running a publishing company that was a part of a larger umbrella corporation, we had one of those insipid company newsletters run by a toothsome but terminally ditzy blonde (sorry about the cliche, but I can't change her hair color) woman who kept coming up with these weird, arcane, totally pointless questions to ask the inmates. It was inevitable that she'd get around to naming a hypothetical eight dwarf, with the understanding that the Disney paradigm would be adhered to. And it wasn't long after her stewardship launched that she did just that.

So I put "Ploscaru" on the coupon and stuck it in her mailbox. Poor gal probably still has no clue.

Incidentally, MISSIONARY STEW isn't a bad Ross Thomas, either. PB