RARA-AVIS: Spunk warning

From: Mbdlevin@aol.com
Date: 01 May 2000

Juri writes:
<< Had to use the dictionary on the word "spunk". >>

Be very careful here. This word has a, uh, different meaning in England, I believe. What about Canada? In the U.S., it's fine to use in mixed company and with small children. Zora Neale Hurston wrote a play with Langston Hughes that premiered in London in the 1980s or early 1990s. It was called "Spunk" but I think maybe the name was changed. (Sorry for straying Bill; take the s off and you have punk--that's hb) Doug