RARA-AVIS: RE: Devil in a Blue Dress

From: Larson, Craig ( Craig.Larson@tsjc.cccoes.edu)
Date: 22 Apr 2000

I seem to remember, and I may be wrong, that the basic story of the novel was radically altered for the film version, to the point where the title really doesn't have any meaning any more. It's been a while since I read the book and I saw the movie in its first run, but not since, so I may be remembering this incorrectly, but I think that may be why some of you are saying the movie just doesn't "click" on some level--the grim, hardboiled conclusion of the original novel is NOT a part of the film

By the way, does anyone know if Mosley (sp?) ever intends to get back to the character of Easy Rawlins? It's been far too long since _A Little Yellow Dog_ and I'm not sure such novels as
_Walkin' the Dog_ and his attempt at science fiction, _Blue Light_, make up for his absence.

Craig Larson Trinidad, CO