Re: RARA-AVIS: procedural

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 19 Apr 2000

> Well, no "one" police man is going to be present from start to finish in
any
> situation so you void the entire genre if that's a real requirement.

I don't understand what you mean by this as far as a response to my comments, and why that would "void the entire genre". That'a leap, and one I certainly didn't make.

> Crime procedural might fit ... but for it to be "anti" wouldn't have go
against
> police procedures? Messing up the crime scene, not giving the Miranda
rights,
> not dusting for fingure prints, etc.

Anti-law. Police solve the crime by piecing together info, working backwards. This other way, criminals plan the crime by piecing together info, working forward. To mess up police procedure is still in the police procedural ballpark. Variation on a theme.