RE: RARA-AVIS: Dick Lochte's article on Hammett in Salon

From: billha@ionet.net
Date: 18 Apr 2000

Read the Hammett article, and noticed that it repeated as fact, a claim I've seen at times in discussions here, namely that Kurosawa got his idea for Yojimbo from Red Harvest.

I do see some similarities, but I sure see some big differences too. Who of the Kurosawa or Hammett biographers has made this claim and what basis did he or she give? I'd like something more substantial than similarities.

Thanks. Apologies if this has been answered before and I have forgotten. Sometimes I wonder whether I should eat a peach.

Bill Hagen billha@ionet.net