Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled This & That

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 18 Apr 2000

On 18 April 2000, pabergin wrote:

: My own choice (and let's not confuse the issue with a lot of that HB/noir
: definition horseshit) would be Douglas Fairbairn's STREET 8.

A good question. Can you tell us more about this book? I've never heard of it.

And you're quite right about staying close to the actual writing. People, the focus of the list of hardboiled fiction. Everything said on the list should be related to that, and general discussions of movies, music or anything else doesn't cut it.

Bill