RARA-AVIS: More on Crais. Lehane etc.

From: Sinclair, Jim ( SinJim@topnz.ac.nz)
Date: 17 Apr 2000

Also, Elvis cooks himself up some toothsome little feasts. Lehane's P.I's likewise. Marlowe and Sam Spade seemed to survive on nicotine and alcohol but I guess that's not too P.C. these days. George Pelacaos's Steve is a little more nicely dissipated. As for HB music - there ain't nothing tougher than the blues - you may recall the intro to 'Barney Miller' - great stuff. One more - Baer's 'Kiss me Judas' is great noir - a little like BAsic Instinct - lady with cutting implement etc but powerful dogfight scene and suitably restrained style. Over.. Jim S.