Re: RARA-AVIS: paul cain

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 14 Apr 2000

Mike Cunningham wrote:

> I know there are at least a couple comics afficianados on this list and I
> was hoping someone might have some info on the following: I found a mention
> on some website of a "graphic novel" of paul cain's fast one. Has anyone
> seen this? Is it what it sounds like or something completely different?

I think I've heard of the graphic novel, but haven't been able to check it out.

As for Ruric's scripts, the most famous of them is definitely Edgar "Detour" Ulmer's "The Black Cat", in which Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff try to kill each other. "Mademoiselle Fifi" is a musical by Robert Wise, not very well known but not bad, either. "The Gambling Ship" from 1933 is loosely based on
"Fast One", even though it must be very much toned down.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi