Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled music

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Apr 2000

You know, this is a pretty obvious point, but the only reason any of us associate certain types of music with hb is because there's been movies that have used that kind of music, or at least music very much like it. There's no reason that somebody couldn't make a tough hb film and use as music, oh, classic Black Sabbath songs. Maybe it could work -- who knows?

I was just thinking about the famous scene in Quentin Tarantino's RESERVOIR DOGS that uses Stealer's Wheel's
"Stuck in the Middle With You", an old folk-rock song from the mid-Seventies. After having seen that scene, I have not been able to think of that song in any other light. Movies are a powerful thing.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com