RARA-AVIS: hardboiled

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 13 Apr 2000

Brian Lalor wrote: "I guess this leads me to the inevitable question: what's the definition of
 hardboiled? I ended up here at rara-avis (what does *that* mean, anyway?) after I read "The Massive Book of Pulp Fiction" and was looking for more stuff in that vein. Looks like I've found it, but I'm not quite sure what
"it" is..."

Neither are some of us rara-avians. After reading numerous definitions on this list, I've pretty much decided that "hardboiled" is like a lot of other things. I can't define it to anyone's satisfaction, even my own, but I know it when I see it. Sometimes.

Bill Crider