RARA-AVIS: HIGH&LOW

From: Martha Fischer ( sakana@stlnet.com)
Date: 06 Apr 2000

until the dvd quit working (after an hour and 19 minutes-- the suspense is killing me!), i spent the evening watch kurosawa's HIGH&LOW. i don't know what the general opinion on this film is, but i was totally riveted by the story and sincerely stunned by the professionalism of the direction and acting. wow.

my gushing aside, i know the film is based on a mcbain book (87th PRECINCT?) and was wondering if it is as high quality as the film. i've never ready any mcbain-- is this one ok to start with, or is it not worth it?

thanks. martha sakana@stlnet.com <mailto: sakana@stlnet.com>