Re: RARA-AVIS: JULIA

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Apr 2000

I didn't care for the movie, but I suspect that's a minority viewpoint. Robards is very good as Hammett, but he's strictly playing a supporting role here. If you like Jane Fonda you might like it -- I generally find Ms. Fonda irritating, and she didn't persuade me otherwise here.

By the way, the bulk of the movie is based, I believe, on Hellman's memoir PENTIMENTO, which I understand has since been proven to be a greatly exaggerated version of the truth.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com