Re: RARA-AVIS: nero wolfe

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 07 Mar 2000

> Jim Beaver writes:
> >BTW, according to Baring-Gould, I think, Wolfe was Holmes's illegitimate
> >son, or some such. At least he provided some amusing interconnections in
> >his book on Wolfe.

and P Bergin adds,

> Correct. B-G's view was that Wolfe and Marko Vucic (proprietor of
> Rusterman's) were in fact twins (presumably fraternal) born to Irene Adler
> as the result of an affair with The Great Detective.

Sf writer Philp Jose Farmer links the great fictional characters in sf and mystery including, among many others, Holmes, Wolfe, Phileas Fogg, Doc Savage. Tarzan and Bulldog Drummond. One of his books even has family tree showing how they are related. To keep on topic, Farmer's Nothing Burns in Hell which was published in 1998 is his version of a hard boiled detective book. Mark