Re: RARA-AVIS: Night Moves - 1975

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 05 Mar 2000

Night Moves is an excellent Noir film of that time
(1975), one of the good Arthur Penn's films. You should rent it, by any means, just to remember how good that kind of film could be(compared to the nowadays "action soup" camouflaged as crime movies)- and I'm not a passeist, believe me.

As for Gene Hackman I agree as well: perfect in HB/Noir; he's the kind of actor that can make believable a film with a "borderline credible" script. A real great actor (...and do not forget his brilliant performance in 'The Unforgiven' this great Noir western).

PS: speaking of films, I completed my comments on Neo-Noir films on my web site; the list of recommended films was already on line, as for each of the previous periods that produced HB/Noir films

E.Borgers Hard-boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

--- Doug Bassett < dj_bassett@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What do you guys think of the movie NIGHT MOVES?

Snip