Re: RARA-AVIS: serial killers

From: Jeanheller@aol.com
Date: 29 Feb 2000

In a message dated 02/29/2000 2:11:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, ansmith@netdoor.com writes:

<< Isn't there some TV series that has the cop chasing a new serial killer
 every week. I mean, so what? Can I believe that? No. >>

I think the TV series you mention is The Profiler. I watched a couple of episodes at the beginning of the season because a screen-writer/producer friend of mine had been asked to do an episode. It is truly bad television, and I'm pleased to report my friend had the good sense to turn down the gig. There are a lot of serial killers out there, according to the FBI, but not that many. And this show did very little, at least in my experience, to explore the minds of these criminals, the only interesting part about them. It consists mostly of the profiler having psychic insights into the killer and his/her victims.

Jean Heller