Re: RARA-AVIS: Richard Barre and an apology

From: Timothy S. Oliver ( CSEM@zianet.com)
Date: 28 Feb 2000

> Anyway, has anyone read any of his Wil Hardesty series? Is it
> hard-boiled? IN first person...? What is it about? Lemme know please...
> thanks...

I read two. The first was ok. The second was identical, and thus no good. Some people rave about this series, but it didn't wear well with me.

Guy is a surfer. Fights a drinking problem. Son died while surfing with him. Japanese wife plays him like a yoyo. Guilt trip. Gets in some shootouts with bad guys. Bad guys are real bad. But he wins.

Oh yeah, he drives an old car.

There, now you don't have to read them.