Re: RARA-AVIS: male PI sexuality

From: Maura McMillan ( mmcm@azstarnet.com)
Date: 23 Feb 2000

>This could be an interesting discussion, but I'd like to know more about the
>meaning of "visceral fortitude."
>--

that interesting condition when emotion is not at the forefront in a tough, prolonged situation. detachment from concern for personal safety, to the point of foolishness. those things, and more. on the other hand, women have this quality in different arenas than men - childbirth, for example. but i haven't seen any female PIs give birth mid-case yet. now THAT would be visceral fortitude. i guess willeford's elita sanchez, in a hoke book, comes pretty close, and i admire that. don't be picking apart my spontaneous phraseology, bill. you'll make me look bad in front of the guys.

http:/www.dennismcmillan.com