Re: RARA-AVIS: The Two Jakes

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 18 Feb 2000

Wow! I can't imagine a more fragmented way to watch a movie. Not only does BRAVO edit their films, they also have commercials. Two big "no nos" for anyone who takes watching (and criticizing) films seriously. And to top it off you watched the thing in two different installments! (And how much time elapsed between the viewings? Hopefully it wasn't literally "days" while you were anticipating the "surprise".)

Perhaps the movie would play better if it was viewed the way it was intended, uncut and in one continuous sitting, without commercials. (Being on the big screen would also help, but that is almost impossible.)

Viewed under the proper circumstances you may still have hated the movie, but at least you would have given it a fair chance. And the criticism would seem much more valid.

TL