RARA-AVIS: It's all my fault

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 11 Feb 2000

Greg: It's probably all my fault that BLACK WINGS HAS MY ANGEL is going for big bucks. Thirty (!) years ago I wrote an article for a mystery fanzine about that novel and claimed that it was the quintessential Gold Medal novel. Max Allan Collins read that article and then read the book. He started touting it to other people, and it built up an underground rep. That, combined with the fact that it's a tough book to find, is probably why the price is so high. I'm sure I picked up my copy when I did.

Bill Crider