RARA-AVIS: pov

From: Charles Shafer ( cshafer@chipsnet.com)
Date: 10 Feb 2000

Maybe we're missing the point, point of view. Sure, we all have different styles. Whatever works, go for it. The average reader doesn't really care. What they do care about, myself included, is being ENTERTAINED, which means they want to identify the main characters and follow the plot.

How many times have you heard a reader say, maybe even yourself, "That book flopped around so much, I had no idea what was going on?"

So--Let's face it, constantly switching pov is a dangerous tactic. Not that a rare writer isn't able to pull it off. If so, I for one am ready to get up and applaud.

charlie