Re: RARA-AVIS: Woman Chaser

From: Juha Lindroos ( jl@pp.htv.fi)
Date: 08 Feb 2000

On 8 Feb 00, at 7:15, Maura McMillan wrote:

> i hope you will all see the film of the woman chaser - it is just making
> the festival rounds now so isn't 'out' yet, but i was fortunate enough to
> see it on the sly, and it's very good, true to willeford and the spirit of
> the time in which it's set.

I'll second that - though not what I would have expected, I think Patrick Warburton makes an interesting lead.. the film very closely follows the book.

The next place to see it in is for all ya Texans; in Austin at the SXSW Festival, March 10-18. I don't know the exact date though - it may be screened with Monte Hellman's COCKFIGHTER.

           .Juha.

Charles Willeford: http://www.saunalahti.fi/~jtlin/cw/