Re: RARA-AVIS: Eyes and colors . . . maybe

From: Mark Coggins ( coggins@wenet.net)
Date: 08 Feb 2000

Yes, but don't forget that Chandler wrote about several female characters who had "cornflower blue" eyes (i.e, close to purple).

And if you read the MacShane biography, this is evidently a reference to an unrequited love in England for whom he carried the torch for the rest of his life. So, perhaps there are really women lurking out there w/ this sort of eye color (or colour as RC would have written in his teens).

         --MC