Re: RARA-AVIS: Professionals and Amateurs

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 04 Feb 2000

    I don't believe you need a pro to sustain a series. In fact, I believe that today the role of the loner protagonist (who relies on his/her toughness, determination, personal code, and street smarts) can best be developed and made believable through an amatuer. What you need is a reason to have this non-pro involved in crime stories again and again, and that may best be accomplished by protagonists who always live on the edge of the law.

                                        Jim Blue