Re: RARA-AVIS: Another Missive from the Fedora Lobby!

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 01 Feb 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Kevin Burton Smith wrote:

> Hey, I'm no big fan of cellphones myself. They're usually just an
> irritating toy for the pretentious and the rude, and yet another
> distraction for idiot drivers. But they do have legit purposes for
> business, particularly for those men and women who are on the go,
> like sales people, and truckers and yes, even detectives.

Well, what do I need to say as an inhabitant of the country where over the half of the population uses a cellphone every day, every hour, almost every minute? Certainly they could be used by a P.I., but how? If he's on a stakeout, he should be quiet... and not babble on the phone.

Juri jurnum@utu.fi