Re: RARA-AVIS: Why are you here?

From: Mark Sullivan ( AnonymeInc@WEBTV.NET)
Date: 27 Jan 2000

Saron wrote:

"I still skip all the pages of car chases, fist and foot fights, descriptions of torture or the tortured, and laugh out loud when the hero survives a dive off a cliff in a car that bursts into flames, . . .

What does that leave, the title page?

Thanks Sharon, I had a good laugh at your description. And I must admit I am probably as guilty as any of measuring the best against other genres' worst, although given how trashy some of my faves are, a fan of another genre may very well be using them as an example of my genres' worst.

Mark