Re: RARA-AVIS: Blade Runner

From: Bob Toomey ( btoomey@javanet.com)
Date: 27 Jan 2000

Mike Cunningham wrote:

> A Scanner Darkly has always been one of my favourite books. It tells the
> story of an undercover drug cop in some strange version of the future. In
> some ways, it reminds me of Rush. It would probably make a great movie...

Actually it's more like a strange version of the present. I guess it is reminiscent of RUSH, except it's a damn sight funnier. Button up your scramble suit and fool everybody, including yourself. A perfect illustration of Vonnegut's moral: "We are what we pretend to be, so we have to be careful what we pretend to be."

BobT