Re: RARA-AVIS: Bruno Fischer & Weird Menace

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 25 Jan 2000

Thanks to Reed Andrus for the info on Bruno Fischer. I think maybe THE LUSTFUL APE was reprinted by Gold Medal under the Fischer name, but I'm too lazy to get up and check the shelves. I've never read any of the Russell Gray shudder-pulp stories, but I've seen the name on the covers that have been reproduced in cover collections. The hardback detective novels never struck me as being particularly hardboiled, maybe medium.

Bill Crider