RARA-AVIS: Whassis like then? and "I Hate That Book"

From: ejm duggan ( ejmd@cwcom.net)
Date: 25 Jan 2000

"cooper" < jane@almaludo.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> So guys can you tell me what these are like?
> I can't remember them being discussed, or if
> they were must be the old short term memory thingy.
> RAYMOND CHANDLER OMNIBUS- VARIOUS

There're lot's of these Chandler omnibuses. Probably best to get them in the penguin single volumes/story collections which seem to never go out of print, but always change their jackets.

> GOD IS A BULLET - BOSTON TERAN

The first chapter or two of this is available on line somewhere
(Boston'll know; I think he's active on the list). It was discussed here a while ago and the rara-avians were split on it: some liked it lots, others didn't. Maxim Jakubowki's review of it appeared in Saturday's Guardian (dunno if the book reviews get posted on the guardian website) and MJ *loved* it.

> STITCH - JOHN B SPENCER

I *think* I tried one of this bloke's books before--found it wasn't quite my cup of gnat's.

> I was just going "How the **** should I know" (There were children
present).

BTW, how does one pronounce '****'?

ED