Re: RARA-AVIS: dortmunder

From: Roy Epstein ( dortmunder2@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Jan 2000

--- Chris Bahn < Chris_Bahn@citysearch.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I picked up one of Westlake's Dortmunder books this
> weekend, "What's the
> Worst That Can Happen," and I'm wondering what other
> books in the series you
> folks recommend.
> --

My favorite Dortmunder is NOBODY'S PERFECT. I think Westlake did some of his best writing ever in this book. Although still very much a comic caper (as are all the Dortmunders) this novel seemed to have a little more of an HB-type edge to it than the others. It also has the best villian in the series. After this one I'd have to go with the first two (HOT ROCK and BANK SHOT).