Re: RARA-AVIS: fredric brown

From: Bleed272@aol.com
Date: 24 Jan 2000

Neil--

> I'd like to find more works like these, Brown, weird film noir, etc. , where
> the writers were just out of their gourds and would probably fit in more
> today than they did in their own times. Any suggestions?

These names might be old hat to you, but if you like Brown's brand of weird crime fiction, I'd recommend some Robert Bloch (especially the hard-to-find, but excellent THE SCARF). He, too, dabbled in many genres, but in the early part of his career produced some really fine, warped crime novels.

--Duane Swierczynski