RARA-AVIS: Scott Turow & Attorney-as-Protagonist Books

From: JohnAlvar@aol.com
Date: 24 Jan 2000

In a message dated 1/23/00 4:01:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Pat Zeitoun"
< pwz@tca.net> writes:

<< I have never read Scott Turow so I picked up "Presumed Innocent"....Did I just choose the wrong book, or is that I am just not going to like this author?>>

Pat, it's been some years since I read Presumed Innocent but I do recall enjoying the book. It does fall within the "attorney as protagonist" genre, although better written than Grisham (IMHO). I agree with others on the list who find legal thrillers less than thrilling. I also find the American Public's apparent love affair with attorney-heros very odd given how much lawyers are generally reviled by the same folks who buy all of these bestsellers. Go figure.

John Alvar
-------------------------------- PRAGER'S PATTERN a novel of crime fiction ISBN 189365222X http://www.pragerspattern.com