Re: RARA-AVIS: Help Finding Stories

From: Z0MB0Y@aol.com
Date: 24 Jan 2000

Try Fredric Brown's THE SCREAMING MIMI or THE FABULOUS CLIPJOINT. He has a way of combining character and plot in such a way that I actually felt kind of screwed up for a couple of days after reading these (especially MIMI.) His plots don't have particular twists so much as they're just twisted. I havn't read THE LENIANT BEAST yet but I'll always pick up a book if I see his name on it. Leigh Brackett is one I have to catch up on in terms of novels, but her short stories are amazingly hard-boiled and generally well-written. Anyone read much Bruno Fischer? I've just read HOUSE OF FLESH and highly recomend it, (though not as highly as MIMI.)